Here are ten outrageous reasons spoken by so-called faithful Christians as to why NOT to read the Book of Revelation. It would be interesting to see what others have heard also. Here goes:
1. It’s a bunch of garbage!
2. I don’t want to read about monsters!
3. It’s not written to the Church!
4. We won’t be here when it happens!
5. It can’t be understood!
6. The Jehovah witnesses have put me off!
7. It has already happened!
8. There are so many different interpretations, I don’t know which ones are right!
9. We can’t know what it means until it happens, so I’ll wait until then!
10. It shouldn’t have been included in the Bible anyway!
Yes, I have heard all these phrases from the mouth of those professing loyalty to our Lord Jesus Christ. I’m sure there have been many other crazy things spoken – let us know what you have heard. This is so absurd!
And here are ten godly reasons why we should all read the Book of Revelation:
1. The Lord says “Blessed is he that readeth” (Rev 1:3a)
2. “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life….” (Rev 22:19a)
3. All Scripture is required to perfect our hearts (2Tim 3:16-17).
4. If you don’t know the truth about the time ahead, then you can be deceived.
5. I want to know the Lord’s will in that day.
6. I don’t want to remain Biblically illiterate about the End Times.
7. It’s God’s Word; and He gave it.
8. Watch! (what should watching out for?)
9. It’s part of the Hope!
10. The real title is “The Unveiling of Jesus Christ”.